Hamilton - The Musical

Daily News reports today that the mobs of theater fans vying for the last-minute ticket lottery had grown so large it has become a safety hazard and the Richard Rodgers theatre has decided to take it to online-only until Spring to give themselves time to figure out how to handle it live.

Now, *that *is a hit, and Lin-Manuel owns Broadway right now.

I’m obsessed. I love it. I tried getting tickets, too- found flights and hotel in NYC that I could swing with some planning and then went to see how much tickets to the show were…

aaaand that plan went down the drains. Oh well. I can wait. In the meantime, there’s always Ham4Ham.

My daughter is also obsessed. She’s a sixteen year old History, Politics and Theatre geek - and this is what Harry Potter was when she was eleven.

(The White House clip is wonderful - that is a great audience for that song - nothing better than performing material that your audience appreciates)

That’s why I’m not going until July - that was the earliest time I could get tickets directly from the theatre rather than resale. If you’re going solo, you might be able to get a ticket a bit earlier even. I think that if you buy from the theatre they start at about 145? (Personally I got the more expensive tickets, 12th row center - figured since I was already blowing major on the trip, it was a better return on investment to get good seats and have 'em right up in my face than to have to use opera glasses - but YMMV.)

The point is, you can get good seats (fairly) cheaply - you’ll just have to wait for it (wait for it wait for it…)

–So you can be in The Room Where it Happens

Fuckin’ Burr, man.

BTW, does anyone else want Daveed Diggs to have their babies? Because that man is my new secret boyfriend. DAAAAAAMN.

…aaand they promptly crashed the site like the first days of Obamacare. Maybe even more people :smiley:

I was just wondering… has anyone seen any reactions to Hamilton from Bill O’Reilly or his ilk? On the one hand, it’s a celebration of the founding fathers. On the other hand, he wouldn’t stereotypically find the color-blind casting and general hip-hop-ness appealing.

Well, the reviewer from The American Conservative liked it…

And if you are NOT throwing away your SHOT.

Haven’t seen it but listened to the soundtrack and was floored. So good.

For those who’d like a tiny Hamilton on their bookshelves: 17763 - Alexander Hamilton- American Light Infantry Commander | W Britain

I want him and Renée Elise Goldsberry to have one and let me adopt it.

Glad you were able to score some tickets! Miranda may be gone by then but I’m sure whoever follows him will be just as great. Or maybe he’ll still be around, who knows? You’ll be in a patriotic state of mind right after the 4th of July, too! :slight_smile:

Video of the opening number as performed on the Grammys last night, the show picked up the “Best Musical Theater Album” award.

Its coming to LA in 2017.

I see I was first to respond to this thread, and in a negative way. But the other night I saw that part of the Grammys, and I must say, it was quite good. I could enjoy this show, and will try to get tickets.

Yes. Just announced by Playhouse Square in Cleveland:

*Lin-Manuel MIranda’s gargantuan Broadway hit “Hamilton” launches its national tour in March 2017 at the Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco, before playing a Los Angeles engagement at the Hollywood Pantages August 11 through December 30, 2017.
No word yet on other cities.

Miranda raps for Obama outside the Oval Office: http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/14/politics/obama-lin-manuel-miranda-hamilton-freestyle/index.html

That’s cool. Especially if he is really making it up as he goes.