Happy Valentine's Day! I got you a nuclear holocaust!

Holy crap! I mentioned this to someone else just the other day. I was wondering if whoever chose the song had a clue what it was about.

I think it was Wrangler.

My all-time favorite? Look What They’ve Done to my Oatmeal. Still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

I’m not sure who it is, but I do remember that they used the line “It ain’t me” after the whole “Some folks are born to wave the flag…” line while showing random back ends in jeans and american flags flapping in the wind behind them.

Yup… sad.

I wish my big brother was on the boards.

Who’s retarded here? Do you REALLY think the ad writers aren’t often aware of the fact that the songs’ lyrics are hilariously inappropriate? All that matters to them is that the song sounds like it fits and sells product.

Fact is, most people don’t know “Lust for Life” is about smack monkeys, and it’s a peppy song. Most people don’t know “99 Red Balloons” (matt_mcl, what is it about that song that draws you out? If it’s been mentioned 10 times on this board I bet you were there 10 times) is about nuclear war. The general public usually doesn’t register a song’s actual meaning; most people also do not know that “Born in the USA” is not a patriotic anthem, “Don’t Worry Be Happy” is completely ironic, and “Every Breath You Take” is not a pleasant love song.

Es ist eine Begabung.