Lestrange is a French name, so it makes sense that it would be pronounced the French way.
[QUOTE=GuanoLad]
Sirius can change into the shape of a dog.
[/QUOTE]
:smack: How could I forget? Someone even pointed it out in one of our Potter discussions here!
[QUOTE=Cunctator]
Is he red-headed?
[/QUOTE]
Well there you go! His hair is described as “tawny”, which is orange!
And as saoirse said, one can find the word “scourge” in there (which I had noticed when looking for anagrams). That could describe a no-nonsense Auror catcher who doesn’t mind going a little overboard in his pursuit of evil-doers (e.g. imprisoning the innocent Stan Shunpike - and by the way, shunpike is the name of a type of back road in England from what I hear).
I guess the name of Rufus Scrimgeour was more cleverly chosen than I gave Ms. Rowling credit for.
[QUOTE=GuanoLad]
I used to have friends when I was a kid whose surname was Scrimgeour…
[/QUOTE]
I also had a friend whose surname was Scrimgeour, except I was an adult at the time. Anyway, he pronounced his name “SCRIM-jer.”