Has anybody seen one slightly used 140 year old farmhouse? Mine's missing

I read this as ‘I’d be as *indigent * as hell…’ which seemed really quite appropriate.

Sampiro, please do the police report. On the phone, say the home was ‘broken into’. (It’s not a lie and it will get a patrol car out there w/o a lot of phone time.) Once the police respond, they’ll write up the extent of what was stolen.

“Missing: One North wall. One South wall. One East wall. One West wall. Eighteen interior walls. One staircase…”

Also, please reconsider the value of the logs stolen. Certain old-growth wood logs are no longer available for any price because outside of protected areas where logging is severely restricted, they no longer exist. There was an article a few years back about a man who made himself a millionaire raising old growth logs from the bottom of the Great Lakes for resale to developers (and no, I can’t find the link, darn it) .

Also, don’t give up if a drive-by doesn’t turn up the missing logs. Just because the Dr. might not have used them himself doesn’t mean he didn’t arrange to steal/ profit from them (and the truck/equipment rental had to be on somebody’s credit card).

This looks like a good place for my sig. :slight_smile:

I’m interested to see if your brother actually gave him permission to take the logs…

The suspense is killing me!

Gang members, mostly. They’re always looking to expand their turf.

Sodding gang members. Cops ought to RoundUp the lot of them.

…and their leader, Peat.

Here you go. I read about it in the Wall Street Journal about 12 years ago.

1. Call the Police.

2. Drive by the Doc’s house and look for the logs.