Have I made this Windows laptop sufficiently middle-schooler-proof?

Okay, here’s the problem with being a dilettante. I seem to have screwed things up. :person_facepalming:

I had the laptop in what I thought was a reasonably secure state using a Local Group Policy as described in the OP to limit what an ordinary user could do (along with some additional steps recommended by others here). But then I realized that I needed to make some changes while in logged in as that user.

Not being familiar with how Local Group Policy settings work, I thought and hoped I could have more than one set of policies and toggle between them. So under the Administrator account I created another Local Group Policy for standard users that undid all the restrictions of the first policy.

When I clicked on that, sure enough, everything was back to normal as regular user. :+1:

But unfortunately, when I clicked on the original Local Group Policy, nothing changed back. None of the restrictions I had set up were in place anymore. :rage:

I tried deleting the second policy, but the first one still doesn’t work.

Is there anyone here who is familiar with how Local Group Policies work who can tell me

1. what I did,
  2. how to fix it, and
  3. how to achieve what I was trying to do, namely switch between a regular user having normal full access, and having the restrictions I originally set up.

Thanks.