Have there been any Bush ads that are NOT about Kerry?

I seem to recall one in which he was painting himself as America’s Hero on 9/11, landing victorious on the Lincoln, saving the economy, and so on.

Give me the attack ads any day.

I’m with you - at least the attack ads don’t trigger my gag reflex.

I’ve seen very few ads as well. The only ad sI’ve seen in the past week were a Kerry ad and a Bush ad (once each, mind you). No idea what either were about, though - given I know who I’m voting for, there’s little reason to pay attention to them. You’d expect a lot more ads by this time into the summer, wouldn’t you?

I don’t have a TV, so I wouldn’t know, but if they’re getting Bush ads in California, I’m surprised they wouldn’t both at all with Illinois. I was living in California in 2000 and I don’t think I saw one single campaign ad, for Bush or Gore.

Well, I’m a dyed-in-the-wool liberal, of course–my position on Republicans is roughly parallel to Lyndon LaRouche’s on AIDS patients: *Ship 'em to the moon!–*so my opinion is to be taken with a mine of salt. But as low as my opinion of Bush already is, the unrelenting negativity of his campaign only serves to lower it further. Isn’t he supposed to be trying to sway the Undecideds? Aren’t his ads likely to turn off all but the most blindly committed Bush Babies? Again, pass the salt, but if I were swayable, the stink of his ads would be more likely to make me back away than to rally round his cause.

My theory is that the Bush-Cheney campaign believe all voters are idiots; their goal is to simply lie to the swing voters, in hopes that enough of them will believe their crud and vote for Bush on that basis alone.

Your right! Bush has not sent one ad out saying how he is doing a great job. He covers his mistakes up with lies or something about the other canidate. I understand why politicians do this, but it just seems pathetic.

Did you know that just because Bush approves his message doesn’t mean it is saying what he does as president. I thought everyone knew that!

You have a very good point. At least some of those might have a tad bit of truth to them.

Well, there was a real dead-guy in that coffin Bush used for his 9/11 ad.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the corpse voted republican this year.

The only Bush ad showing here on the I-4 corridor is the priorities ad:

Kerry couldn’t find the time to vote for money to help the troops. He hates the troops.

Kerry couldn’t find the time to vote on a bill that would outlaw frivolous lawsuits, to protect our seniors. He hates senior citizens (and the AMA) and loves lawyers.

But he did find time to vote against the Lacy Peterson bill that protects pregnant women from violence. He hates pregnant women and pro-lifers and loves Scott Peterson and abortionists.

The only Kerry ad running is one with Edwards praising Kerry’s courage to go fight in Viet Nam and how he is strong in the leadership department.

The one thing that kills me is Duhbya’s inability to pronounce the word message in the beginning of the ad. What in the hell is a meshidgeh?

Have there been any Pit threads that are NOT about Bush?

Yeah, Democrats have never done that.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=5004271&postcount=119

Clinton was demonizing gays? Since when? :confused:

I believe i read somewhere that low voter turnout tends to favour the Republicans. If this is so, maybe Bush’s campaign team believe their greatest threat comes from people who don’t normally vote, turning up and voting for Kerry. Hence this very negative campaign - its not designed to make people vote for Bush, but stop them voting for Kerry…

Specifically, stop Black people from voting.

What the…? Demonizing gays? What you said was, “…their goal is to simply lie to the swing voters, in hopes that enough of them will believe their crud…”. Clinton promised to end discrimination against gays in the military. It was in fact a key promise of his campain that he stressed often, as the link I gave you proves. He lied. You said that the Republicans lie. I made the point that, in that regard, they are no different from the Democrats. And you come up with some bullshit about demonizing gays apparently in the hope that the actual point will magically disappear, just so you don’t find yourself having to deal with being fair and calling bullshit on both sides. Well, rah rah fucking rah for your team. Damn. Just plain damn.

If stating false or unsubstantiated information about past or current events is not a lie, then how can promising something but failing to deliver it a lie? Without further info, that’s a broken promise. Just like we need to know the state of someone’s knowledge to call speaking a falsehood a lie, we need to know the state of someone’s intentions to call a broken campaign promise a lie.

Of course, the point that both parties, most politicians, and indeed most all humanity, lies, stands without any need of support from specific examples.