Have to sell my !@#$% main instrument. Kill me now.

Many years ago, sometime in the '90s, my best fiend needed money. I bought his 1993 Fender Telecaster from him. A few years later he wanted to buy it back, so I sold it back to him.

Then I started missing it. I really liked the pale yellow (‘Vintage White’) body and the rosewood fretboard. Seven and a half years ago I found a duplicate and bought it. Here it is.

My friend’s guitar was caught in Hurricane Katrina. The paint was very faded after being in the water, so he re-pained it with Mickey Rat and is playing it to this day.

Two options:

First, they wouldn’t feel at all bad about firing you if they needed to cut costs, so apply without guilt. Plus, maybe the hours don’t pick up in March (chickens, eggs, hatching, etc).

Second, because it feels like a personal integrity thing for you - tell them up front that you need work for 30 days (or whatever). Then they can decide if hiring you short-term fits their needs.

That does seem odd, although FWIW I notice the MF one is listed as coming with a case, while the one direct from Fender only comes with a gig bag.

It’s more of an “I might actually need that job in the future” thing.

Actually, on second look at the MF page, that’s a nitrocellulose-finished version of my instrument, so it’s not exactly the same.