Have you ever beaten or seen anyone else beat these old arcade games?

The arcade version of Rampage seems basically impossible to beat with actual quarters. 128 different levels until you hit the ending but then after that the game repeats itself 5 times until you hit 768 levels and then the game resets. “Beating” the game by finishing all the levels once seems do-able but there are arcade longplays on MAME that make it seem like the game would take 2 and a half hours to beat doing that.

The two-joystick setup wasn’t all that bad. Like I said, I still have the muscle memory thirty plus years nigh. But it was certainly unique. Can’t think of another game that had this sort of set-up. And, yes, no continues. Computer got really good, but, like I said, once you pass the 12th stage, you get back to the beginning, and the computer moves at about double your speed! I don’t understand how anyone got through the second set of twelve levels. I mean, it’s one thing if you can just practice starting at level 13, to figure out what works and what doesn’t, but if you’re playing at the arcade, it takes you about 30 minutes to get to that stage. That’s a lot of dedication. Second half of the fourteenth level is as far as I ever made it.

Oh, and that fucking flowerpot bonus stage (every third bonus stage starting with the first) was murder. I could do the bull fine, the wood blocks/bricks fine, but fuck the flowerpots.

I actually own the arcade version of Super Dodge Ball, I don’t think I’ve ever beat it (been many years since I even powered it on–owning arcade games was a big goal when I first got my own house, but it’e one of those things where achieving the goal is less exciting than wanting to reach it…)

There was a Trivial Pursuit arcade game. One day, me and a couple of other nerdy dudes played it for a while. We learned that if you could fill all the wedges, the game ended.

I beat the Atari Adventure game. I never found the Easter Egg though.

Same here for Heavy Barrel. That game had a horrible blister-inducing twist knob though, I eventually had to make my own custom slip-on athletic tape bandage for my middle-finger.

I could beat Cobra Command on one quarter. Once you knew the rhythm of how to feather the fire button and joystick with repeated inputs the game became pretty easy.

I beat it on the NES once but only by using a Game Genie infinite lives code.