Have you experienced the Mandela Effect?

And he does sing it at the end in many other versions than the album/studio version.

Think you got whooshed just there.

The Disney Tinkerbell one is just extraordinary. Anyone who remembers this remembers that she flies in and taps her wand on the top of the Disney castle, right?

… right?

Nup.

Never heard of nor seen Mr Peanut, and I got a bit ME with Monopoly Guy’s monocle.

What’s the question about Tinkerbell? Here she is: https://youtu.be/dSDz2UeZmhg

Oh, thanks for posting! That’s very close to what I remember. There was a whole Reddit thread about this one that looks to have been updated.

No wonder this ‘ME’ was so extraordinary to me!

After looking around for this topic, I saw this Reddit post on the Mandela Effect for Mandela’s birthday also. There’s an entire subReddit on the Mandela Effect.

Some examples in that post include: (He listed these as personal to him)

-Cotton Gin inventor Eli Whitney is black

-Pokemon creature named Onyx

-Lindburgh baby kidnapping on March 01, 1932, body never found, spelled “bUrgh”

-Tiananmen Square “Tank man” being run over by the tank on June 05, 1989

-Henry VIII painting-portrait holding a turkey leg

-Tom Cruise wears a white shirt and sunglasses in his underwear-dance scene below the stairs in the movie Risky Business

That is so weird. Even after reading the wikiand learning that they were only “almost” extinct, it’s still strange to think that those two events go together.

Thanks for posting that.

I wonder if you thought this because there’s a Star Trek episode that says they are extinct but it was meant to be a piece of fictional “Future History” like how Star Trek IV says Humpback Whales were extinct when they aren’t.

The Mandela Effect strikes again - in THIS timeline, her name is Sally Field.

Don’t know what you saw recently but I definitely remember the scene with the girl having braces. I think the “Mandela effect” was made up (who really remembers Mandela’s funeral in the 80’s?).

I’m now going to watch Moonraker… :dubious:

This clip at 2’20"-sorry, no braces.

Re The Berenstain Bears: names that end in “-stein”, like “Einstein” and “Goldstein” and “Frankenstein” are common; names that end in “-stain” are not. Given that people who cite the The Berenstain Bears as an example of the Mandela Effect are adults, remembering a series of books they read as children, faulty memory is a much more plausible explanation for the phenomenon. Or so it seems to me.

I haven’t seen the movie in years, and don’t remember what I originally saw. But reviewing that scene in the link, it seems to me that the scene would have been much better if the girl did have braces. It would have been funny that way. As it stands, it’s just kind of bizarre and puzzling why she and Jaws connected like that.

Huh. That’s an interesting one. I, too, would have sworn there were braces in that scene but, alas, no.

That actually happened — Funniest Blooper in Game Show History - YouTube

Wait, how can there be no sunglasses? That’s like dividing by zero!

It may have been taped, but there is no evidence that the tape ever aired until that special was made. Even with the beep I don’t see how the censors would ever have allowed it through.

I first saw that on TV, the old kind with avtiny screen, and it looked like she was wearing braces. Now looking at it on my phone it also looks like she has braces.

Here’s Queen at Live Aid, 1985: Queen - Live at LIVE AID 1985/07/13 - YouTube
Clip goes right to the “…of the world!”

Wait … C3PO has a silver leg? I totally never noticed that.

Anyway, that’s not really Mandela effect. It’s just a failure to notice something.

Holy cow. I never noticed that, either! :eek:

False memory is literally the name of the phenomenon. That’s the name of the wiki. It’s just that there are some things that people share the false memory about.

from the wiki in the OP

Right? I just watched the dance scene of Risky Business again. It’s nothing like I remember. Of course, Tom Cruise is also nothing like I remember.