Have you never driven a rear-wheel-drive car?

There are cars of any configuration that can’t handle slippery conditions. FWD is easier for unskilled drivers to handle in the slip, but other than truly unbalanced models, RWD is just as capable… it just takes a better driver to manage it.

RWD with a 90-inch wheelbase and 500HP… now that’s a handful when the road gets slick. :smiley:

Only downhill. :smiley:

Maybe? My little brother’s first car was a mid-80s vintage of Crown Vic, and I borrowed it a couple of times. That’s the only contender.

Sure. I first learned how to drift in a VW bug. Yes, it’s possible. We used a large parking lot and deserted asphalt roads in industrial parks at night.

Have driven quite a few with both configurations. No big deal either way and foul-weather manageability has been more affected by other factors (driving style, weight distribution/CoG, tires).
Doughnuts, drifts and burnouts being alien to the purpose of JRD driving a car, which is getting from Point A to Point B in a safe fashion :p, it has never been relevant to me how any car is at them.

I’m 44 and never owned a car in my life. On my 7th pick-up with a Bronco in there somewheres. All but this last one a stick shift. What is this FWD you speak of?:smiley:

I live near Buffalo and no stranger to snow and most of my trucks have been 4x4. Generally I only engage it when it’s really bad, I giggle like a 9 year old and love to kick the back end around while going around corners.

GusNSpot I drove a 1960 White farm truck a lot, One stick was 5 speed, the other 4 more. 20 gears double clutching would make these whippersnappers appreciate life a lot more trying to text while driving that eh?

No.