Heard a new one about Obama and the Constitution

I don’t know. The idea that the Democrats sweep 3/4 of state legislatures, and are all unified so tightly behind Obama, implies utter collapse in the Republican Party. Not just the hot air that pundits yapped about for the past week, either, but offices being evicted, huge crackdowns on fraud, some nationally disgraceful event.

What I’m trying to say is, that if the 22d Amendment is repealed by 2016, the odds are <1% that we still have a legitimate democratic political process running the show.

Besides, for whatever it’s worth, Obama said before the election that this was his last campaign. I am curious to see where he will go after January 2017.

If he did it in his first term and then lost the next election, he’d look pretty silly.

I guess it would be funny if it was the exact same people. If not, then not really funny at all.

You forgot 20 states are seceding. He only needs 23 out of 30.

Just for fun I dug up the Third Term of Office for G.W. Bush thread from January, 2004.

The more things change…

The collapse of the Republican Party wouldn’t make the democratic process itself illegitimate. The USA was a constitutional democracy before the GOP existed and still would be if it existed no more.

Not that I expect that to happen anytime soon.

I swear I heard assertions like this about Clinton too …

One of my favorite Onion articles.

It’s mighty hard to keep a system honest without an opposition party.

To think that Obama could successfully delay or cancel the elections is absurd. If nothing else, we pride ourselves on our peaceful transition of power here, and it’s one of our self defining characteristics as Americans.

There was some very short-lived discussion of delaying the 2004 election in case of a terrorist attack - Rumsfield or whoever just slightly floated an “What if” scenario, and as I recall the country freaked out at the merest suggestion of the idea.

AND Reagan.