Helen Hunt's face - wtf?

Thirded. Sweet Jesus on a Rollerskate, people, she looks just fine considering as mentioned the weight-loss regimens and smoking. But then again I’m her near contemporary so I’m used to the pushing-50 look as normal.

It’s not an unflattering photo as much as a really bad makeup job. The stylist ought to be drawn and quartered. The “nude lip” is an abomination, IMHO, but it tends to look extra-bad on a woman with thinner lips. She has deep-set eyes, but the eye makeup makes her look positively squinty. I agree with the OP that she looks pretty weird on the Academy Award red carpet, but the problem lies not with her face but with what’s been applied to her face.

I think she has smoker’s face, too, but beyond that, she looks pretty damned good for her age.

Saw her on Top of the Lake a new Sundance series. My wife thought she had her lips done. That rarely turns out well.

Is she some famous smoker or something? Or are you all just guessing?

I haven’t seen anyone yet whose looks are flattered by that nude lip thing. It think it washes out the features and makes everyone look like they have no lips at all. I can’t wait until slut red lipstick comes back into vogue.

I think she looks great in this photo. I am genuinely confused by all of this. I thought when I clicked this that it was going to be one of those horrible plastic-surgery-gone-wrong photos showing a celebrity who looks barely human after being stretched and Botoxed and carved beyond recognition. But that’s just… Helen Hunt. Looking pretty good for her age. Y’all are crazy.

I’ve always thought Helen Hunt looked great and I see nothing in these photos to disprove that.

She’s OK; and she was very beautiful younger.
As for smokers looking gaunt, I’ve never noticed it – some are very hearty. Still, the anti-smoking nutters could make this a warning for young women, ‘Don’t smoke and you’ll have fat features all your life’.

Perhaps you are being to harsh.

http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/Hunt,_Helen/gallery/AES-092396/

The worst I can say is that she could stand to gain a few pounds.

Or perhaps not. She doesn’t look too great here.

I’m curious about this too.

(And, BTW she looks just fine to me. I never did think she was any kind of raving beauty to begin with though.)

I’m getting a 404 error. Are you sure that link is whole?

That’s Holly Hunter.

I think it looks as if her face has been tightened up, but she still looks like herself. Compare that to the horror that is Joan Van ark: http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGdVv3xlBRllwArvBXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGFvA2FvBGNzcmNwdmlkA2ZKdmh1a29HZEVkRGNKUl9UN2xVQVFkTnJtWEZoRkZReHVNQUEuZlUEZnIDeWZwLXQtOTAwBGZyMgNzYnRuBG5fZ3BzAzEwBG9yaWdpbgNzcnAEcHFzdHIDam9hbiB2YW4gYXJrBHF1ZXJ5A2pvYW4gdmFuIGFyawRzYW8DMQR2dGVzdGlkA1NNRTExOA–?p=joan%20van%20ark&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-900&pqstr=joan%20van%20ark

I completely disagree that she was never a beauty. Now, she’s certainly lost some of her looks to age, but that’s life.

She doesn’t look bad in any of those pictures. You shouldn’t compare a woman who’s almost 50 to starlets half her age. Yeah, she’s got a more masculinized facial structure than average. Sharp angles and stuff. But that’s how she’s always looked.

It’s not about being “gaunt,” it’s about all the characteristic wrinkles smokers get. And it’s not just women. Stephen Dorff and Ethan Hawke are other examples of the phenomenon.

I guess this is a matter of taste and perspective. I never did think she was a beauty, even on* Mad About You*. Cute, maybe, but with a hard edge. Now, she looks like she’s had a face lift that pulled all her skin back, leaving all her sharp features looking sharper - nose, cheeks, teeth, chin, and with thin lips. Heck, yeah, her body looks great in The Sessions, but her face looks weird. At times, she looks very unpleasant, like a witch. I have seen people age, celebrities as well as friends. This looks…different. But, oh, well, “It’s all a matter of taste,” said the old lady as she kissed the cow’s ass.

p.s. Saintly Loser, I’m 70.

Which did Kathleen keep?