help help i am being attacked by robins

From a moral standpoint, it doesn’t matter what OP does as long as he(?) refrains from actively harming them. There isn’t a shortage of other places where a nest can be rebuilt. It’s not generally difficult for birds to build a new nest. In fact, being compelled to swoop/peck at passing humans who they think are a threat to their babies is probably incredibly stressful for the birds.

You sound well-versed in bird law and other various lawyerings. But really, this is a good case for civil disobedience. Unless they’re an endangered species, which I’ll allow would change the situation significantly.

Okay, no one is [del]pucking[/del] picking up on it, so I’ll give another clue, and start a related subject on a fresh thread. The clue is that Titania and Oberon are also involved.

Don’t worry, no one is likely to confuse you with the other one around town with your name, Robin Mee-Blighnd. :wink:

In addition, dismantling a nest once the chicks have flown shouldn’t fall afoul (afowl?) of any laws.

We had birds build a nest in the vent fan from our kitchen stove. In addition to impeding the vent, they tended to start coming and going VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING. As the vent was just below our bedroom window, this was annoying.

We got someone out to put a grate over the vent exit and he looked in, saw there were still baby birds, and told us he’d be happy to come back once they’d departed.

So we put up with it for a couple more weeks, then had him come back. He pulled out a full grocery bag full of twigs (but no baby birds), before he installed the grate.

To the OP: maybe carry a broom or something whenever you exit the house, and wave it at them when they try to dive bomb you. Then as soon as this batch has hatched, wipe out the next and make sure they don’t rebuild. You could hang up an inflatable owl or something to cause their interest in your porch to “wayne”.

cite

So assuming you don’t have a pair of eagles on your front porch, and you don’t take the broom / air horn / scarecrow too far, you should be good once this batch has hatched.

In Soviet Ulfland, migratory birds harass YOU!