Help me find a popcorn popper

Depends. I can’t imagine that method working very well with an electric stove of any kind I can think of. Maybe the no-coil flat kind. But even then, you’re limited to contact with the flat surface, unlike with gas.

Well, your question was pretty much equivalent to a discussion about pots and pans (food-making implements), and I think most would agree that would be more CS than GQ.

Yeah, thanks… I had no freaking idea why it got moved to CS until you explained it. :rolleyes:

Sadly, my house has an electric stove. I can assure you that stovetop poppery works quite well with it. (Of course if I wanted to feel rustic I could grab one of the Svea stoves. :wink: )

A friend of ours gave us one of these old time cart things, which is virtually a worthless piece of junk. Pushes out way too many unpopped kernels!

Stovetop is cheaper, and the only way to make kettle corn. I use Splenda for mine.

Neither did mine, but it was easy enough to wire one in (and also extend the too-short cord in the process). The main thing you have to watch out for is to keep track of which wire on each end corresponds to the wide prong on the plug.

The only real problem with it is that I don’t think the well is deep enough; it tends to kick out lots of unpopped kernels.