Help Me Find Things to Do in NYC

Thanks, that’s good advice

You have to do The American Tour, Freedom Tower and WTC site, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, if you haven’t already.

Katz’s Deli for a pastrami sandwich (on rye, wit mustard of course)! Walk the Highline, which used to be the elevated train line. It’s been turned into a park and you get a bird’s eye view of the streets below. Electric Ladyland recording studio is in Manhattan. We managed to talk our way in for a little tour, but it’s not normally open for that, as it’s a working studio.

Intrepid Museum is impressive. Even if you are not an airplane nut there is enough cool stuff there to be worth a visit (a Space Shuttle, a Concord, etc.) IMO.

The vendors were all thrown off the beginning of the year; no idea if any have come back though.

I dunno, getting thrown off the Brooklyn Bridge sounds kinda fatal.

I finally got a response that wasn’t “Request in Queue”! Kayla and I will be in the Jon Stewart audience on April 8!

Eclipse Monday! What time is the taping?

4:30 pm. What time is the eclipse, and is NYC in its penumbra?

Totally is much closer to Buffalo / Rochester…& a couple of hours earlier.

The eclipse will be partial in NYC, it’ll start around 2:30 and end right about 4:30. You should be able to see something from the city - the height of the coverage will be around 3:30.

Ooh, we can scorch our corneas while we wait in line!