Help me get Internet videos on my TV

Oh, well, I assumed you would move the Dell to the room with the TV. That’s how I have it set up. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse too.

But yes, my tv is my monitor. I just built a new computer and got a new flatscreen TV but before that it was a 27" CRT television and before THAT it was a 21" CRT monitor.

This might be the easiest way. I already had a laptop, so I hooked up to my TV with the supplied VGA cable. I then ran an audio cable. Of course, my TV is a HD flatscreen, so has these connections.

Once I connected (my desktop, with a wireless router is in another room too), sitting with the laptop 8 feet or so away, the big screen is exactly like my computer screen. If I move my wireless mouse while sitting in the chair, the cursor on the TV screen moves just like on a monitor, so can get Firefox opened, go to Netflix or YouTube and stream movies or videos directly. Works like a charm.

You might look on Craigslist for a more up-to-date TV though.

Do you want to 1) use your television as your computer monitor or do you want to 2) watch Youtube, netflix, Amazon movies on demand, etc. on your television. Those are two very different things. For about $100 bucks you can easily do #2 with an internet ready device like a DVD player or a Media Player. Doing #1 means either moving your computer next to your tv or buying another computer.