Help me stop grinding my teeth?

sigh I have an anxiety disorder. That’s all. And stress, well, no more than usual.

I’ll take a look and see if I don’t have any luck with one of the cheaper type guards, before I go more expensive.

I’ve always been a very tense person. Many years ago, my dentist tried to talk me into a night-guard because my nocturnal teeth-clenching was causing headaches. (I don’t generally grind my teeth, just clench my jaws really hard.) I started sticking my tongue between my teeth as I went to sleep, sort of wedging it between my teeth & gum & cheek. I also started paying a lot of attention during the day, and stuck the tip of my tongue between when I noticed I was doing it. It took a while, but I eventually stopped clenching my teeth. I just clenched my jaw muscles, with my teeth about 1/4 inch apart. :smiley: I’m going to have to work on it again, though. I’ve been very stressed for a very long time now, and I’ve noticed that my old, bad habit has come back.

Alternatively, the dentist put my teenager into a night-guard to continue work on TMJ problems after she got her braces off. She loves it and no longer wakes up with headaches.

I also know someone who’s getting ready to spend some major, major bucks to rebuild all of her teeth, which she’s almost completely destroyed due to bruxism. So if your solution doesn’t work, try something else or go to the dentist.

Good luck!