Help Me With Water Problem Please

Another possibility might be construction around a neighbor’s house. Sometimes consruction guys need water and they’re not particular where they get it.

I called again this morning and was essentially told that there is nothing they can do. I explained that I have no leaks and they need to check on their end but the answer was that they reread the meter and that is all they are going to do.

I wrote the public service commission this morning and I guess I will wait to hear from them. We are talking ten times the amount of water ever used and they just shrug. I need to go try to compare numbers on the meter tonight when I get home. My husband tried to read me the numbers but none seemed to even be the same number of digits corresponding with the bill. Nothing appears to be leaking and I certainly would notice if a toilet was running in one of the bathrooms.

Since I did not fill up twenty swimming pools last month, something is amiss. I guess I had better shell out the entire amount so they don’t shut off my utilities while I try to resolve this matter. We didn’t need to eat this month anyway. :rolleyes:

Escalate. Don’t just take the word of the first phone monkey you talk to. Demand (politely) to speak with their supervisor. Keep moving up the hierarchy you get someone to listen to you.