Help settle a Beach Boys argument

I thought I read somewhere that Carl Wilson is the lead vocal on Good Vibrations.

That’s right. Specifically, it’s credited “Lead Vocal: Carl (with Mike).” I think that means that Mike sings the “Gotta keep those lovin’ good vibrations…” bit.

My vote goes to GV.

Not strictly relevant, but it was great to see the Brian Wilson band at this year’s Glastonbury festival. I know Brian himself doesn’t do much on stage these days, but that’s not the point. I was there, in a crowd of tens of thousands of people, all paying tribute to the guy on stage who had written more great, timeless classic pop songs than every other act at Glasto put together.

Neither one. “Kokomo” is my favorite.

“Wouldn’t It Be Nice” beats “Good Vibrations”, but is in turn beaten by “God Only Knows” which is in turn beaten by “Caroline, No”

aaaaah. The Beach Boys. That takes me back…

mm

I have to agree with the other posters who voted for “God Only Knows.” It’s the Best. Beach Boys. Song. Period.

I call the radio station and request it every year on our anniversary. Between the lyrics and the beautiful harmonies, it makes me tear up every time.

Whew. I’m glad the second half of this thread has brought with it much love for “Wouldn’t It Be Nice?” I was getting a little worried there…