HELP - Which Broadway show to see in two weeks?

[QUOTE=Elza B]
I think Lea Salonga was the replacement Eponine in the original production of Les Mis, not the original Fantine.

I like Miss Saigon, the other Schonberg and Boublil show, but Les Mis has never appealed to me.

[/QUOTE]

:smack: You’re absolutely right. I always get those names confused.

I’ve never seen Miss Saigon, but I do like Schoenberg & Boublil’s Martin Guerre, though that one never did make it to Broadway.

[QUOTE=Eyebrows 0f Doom]
:smack: You’re absolutely right. I always get those names confused.

I’ve never seen Miss Saigon, but I do like Schoenberg & Boublil’s Martin Guerre, though that one never did make it to Broadway.
[/QUOTE]

I liked Martin Guerre, too. I was disappointed that it never found a home.

There’s just something about the music from **Les Mis ** that’s never appealed to me. I can’t say why because I do like individual songs from it and I do like their other two shows, but as a whole, it’s never worked for me. I have no idea why.

E.

For any Boublil/Schoenberg fan that isn’t aware, their latest musical The Pirate Queen is scheduled to hit Broadway!

[QUOTE=Eyebrows 0f Doom]
Probably Daphne Rubin-Vega.
[/QUOTE]

Seeing the name triggered the memory – that’s who it was…

[QUOTE=GuanoLad]
Monty Python is a “their” not a “his”.
[/QUOTE]

Ironically enough, the usage is probably defensible here. Eric Idle was the only member of the original Monty Python comedy troupe to work on Spamalot, so it could be called “his”. I’d put the ratio of old/new material at 35/65, so it was mostly “his” and his new collaboraters. Still, much of Spamalot is drawn directly from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which was indeed a full troupe collaboration, so I would consider it more appropriately credited as “theirs”.

Yea, the music hasn’t aged all that well. Still the dancing, and assmuing a Broadway production would get good dancers, is still amazing. I look at the coreography and my knees and back start hurting, it’s just that tough a show to do and to see it done well is really cool.

Enjoy,
Steven