Henson Movies

I MUST get up to that Sloan exhibit! The Detroit Institute of Art had a puppet exhibit this fall, and we went to that. They had an early Kermit on display. I almost bawled looking at it.

The Dark Crystal is an excellent film, as I recall, but I just hated that it had to include that hypercute little furball thing. It’s so Disney to do that. I kept hoping it would die some horrid death. I think there was a scene where it comes close–I was so disappointed when we viewers found out it survived.

All the Muppet Movies are high on my list!

I think we’re all forgetting about Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas. For shame.

Cranky, do get to the Sloan exhibit. They have a display of Kermit and Miss Piggy in one of the paintings from the “Great Masters” series, where they recreated and then photographed scenes from some great pieces of classic and modern paintings (for a calendar, I think).

I remember seeing Kermit for the first time at the Smithsonian in DC about 15 years ago. He was in an exhibit that included the Fonz’s jacket, Archie Bunker’s chair, and the Ruby Slippers from Wizard of Oz. That was pretty special to see. Didn’t make it to the DIA exhibit, tho.

Also, “The Muppet Musicians of Bremen” is a good early work, narrated by Kermit.

Paul

[hijack]Paul, you’re from MI? Hey, we’re havin’ a fest this summer. Hope you can make it!

The Sloan exhibit will be here until April. Not sure of the date right off the top of my head–I’ll get a link in a few. I believe it’s a traveling exhibit, but don’t quote me on that one!
The Great Masters pics that Paul mentioned above are just outstanding. I want them. I want them all. :D[/hijack]