Heroin - smoking on foil

As I vaguely recall, the aluminum foil used in cigarette packs was lined with paper on the inside, presumably to make for smoother cig-extraction. The only reason I remember this is because I thought it was moderately interesting to watch the paper burn, slowly revealing the shiny foil underneath. Since cig-pack aluminum is the most likely source for a hard-core addict, I can imagine burning away this lining before chasing the dragon.

jb_farley said

When aluminium foil is being pressed a 2-ply sheet is passed through the rollers, resulting in 2 sheets, dull side to dull side inermost and each with a shiny side on the outside where the surfaces have been in contact with the rollers. I can probably dig up a cite if you are really interested…:slight_smile:

Bryan Eckers said

It is my personal experience that “hard-core” smokers use foil wrappers from chocolate bars - much cheaper than a pack of cigarettes. I know that this used to be common in UK prisons. Most people I know can generally scrounge up the price of a roll of aluminium foil, though. The outlay is minimal when compared to the price of their drugs.

Having spoken to a couple of former dealers (they’ll probably go back to dealing when released) it seems that the shiny side of the foil allows the heroin blob to run better.

Burning it may also do this too.

As for cutting with strychnine, it’s very rare with heroin, but fairly common as a mixer, not a filler, with cocaine and in Ecstasy tablets and in amphetamines.

Apparenty it enhances the effect, I can’t imagine how accurately the mixing is carried out, not an experiment I’d care to try, strychnine poisoning is an utterly horrible way to go.

From my 3 years of personal experience neither burning the foil nor shiny/dull side of the foil makes the slightest difference on how the heroin blob runs. The size of the flame on the lighter being used to “run” the line seemed to be the most important factor. I would emphasize that this is only my experience/opinion.

I am also not sure of the ethics of going into so much detail about this dangerous subject. ::Mods please feel free to remove this post if you so wish::