Hey, JC Penny: Nice back-to-school commercials!

There are no JC Penneys in this state
i wish they would stop showing them

My current favorite ad is one I saw for the first time last night: Donny Osmond is sitting with the Sprint PCS guy (played by Brian Baker, my future ex-husband), and Donny starts listing the members of his family who he can call with Sprint’s plan. When he says “Tito,” the Sprint guy says something like, “Um, you guys don’t have a Tito” and Donny looks all confused. Made me laugh out loud!

Same here. :slight_smile:

Comments like that are one of my pet peeves: kids don’t have to be suggestive for pedophiles to “enjoy” them … they just have to be kids. I agree that it’s distasteful for children to act like adults in commercials, but it bugs me when people seem to think that no pedophile is going to notice the pretty little girl on TV until/unless she does something suggestive.

I thought the Hookers and Gang Bangers look was the “in” thing with those young whippersnappers these days.

I believe she also does a bit on the Disney channel named “Mike’s Super Short Show”. She plays a sister to a little boy that rates Disney movies. It’s about a 1 to 2 minute bit and is supposed to look like a talk show type setup. If that’s not the same girl, then she has a twin sister.

After googling her I find out that she is the one and the same.

http://www.tv.com/alyson-stoner/person/220291/biography.html

Yes! I’d forgotten the music, actually. Now I really want to see **cruel butterfly’s ** Alice Cooper commercial, that sounds hilarious.

tracer, the hooker and gangbanger look are still in, it’s just that JcPenney is banking on parents not knowing the look has actually been altered slightly and then copyrighted by Bratz and Bratz Boyz (which if you catch a gander, also explains their new line of Bratz Babiez). Poor parents, they’ll go to Penney’s and buy hooker ‘n’ pimp clothes without the all-important Bratz logo, and their whorish and hoody looking children will be ashamed for all time. There’s a difference between urban and nasty, people. It starts somewhere around buying your six year old a jeweled thong to peep above her low riders.

I love the Rubber Band Man.

Wait a second… I’ve seen the JC Penny commercials and I don’t think the clothes are really bad. They’re pretty standard kids clothes from what I remember.

They’re not bad at all. But since the commercials feature rap songs, surely the kids must be all gansta and shit.

Sorry for going off-topic, but Disney can market the hell out of themselves, can’t they? Since Disney Channel is a pay station in most areas, they have no actual advertising, and where regular commerical breaks should be, they advertise their own programming and everything else Disney. Goodness, they are big.

Janis, by the way, drove a Porshey. Old 356 Speedster. Nice mural on it, too.
http://www.officialjanis.com/porsche.html

I think she had it at the time she wrote the song.