"Hijack" in the Jan 6th thread

Probably time for you to review our rules in P&E:

I’m going to highlight the points I think are most important for you to keep in mind.

Be aware that most rules are not ‘bright line’. This is intentional on our part as we believe such encourages poor behavior in some posters. It is not difficult to follow the rules - the vast majority of posters have no problems working inside the hazy confines we set - and if you find you need to know exactly where that line might be, you should look at why this is so meaningful to you.

And

Hijacks. This is, perhaps, the single largest and most important change to the rules in Great Debates and Politics and Elections made in 2020. Staying on topic is a strong goal of Great Debates and Politics and Elections moving forward. Threads exist for a reason. Presumably, the original poster wants to discuss a specific topic. Posts which pull the thread away from that topic are hijacks. Some of these are inadvertent, some are not. Posts that seem intended to steer a discussion away from the original topic may be sanctioned. Hijacks may be, but are not limited to, posts that lead away from a topic, endless questioning, repeatedly asking the same or similar questions once they’ve been answered, and other maneuvers. Whether or not such is occurring is at the sole discretion of the moderation staff and may lead to official sanction.

Now, as to your point about whether or not it’s reasonable to discuss: It’s not. The Committee has been glaringly obvious that they are not looking to conduct a three-ring circus. Mike Lindell is not going to be called as a witness, and to assert otherwise requires some basis for making such an assertion. You’ve provided none. As such, it really is a hijack, in my view.