Hit over the head with a book?

Ooo…I didn’t know he’d put out another book. I’ve read “Whoever Fights Monsters.” Now I’ve got another book to add to my ever expanding list of books to read.

“Never got this hot in Brooklyn. This is like Africa hot. Tarzan couldn’t take this kind of hot…I don’t know if I can stay here if it’s gonna be this hot.”
-Matthew Broderick in “Biloxi Blues”

I have to chime in my agreement on “Lord of the Flies”

I read it in high school, and my copy was bought at a used bookstore, the pages were yellow and had that “old decaying paperback” smell… I felt like washing my hands every time I read it, and that smell still bothers me.

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
OpalCat’s site: http://fathom.org/opalcat
The Teeming Millions Homepage: fathom.org/teemingmillions

Lord of the Flies didn’t bother me a bit. Am I a psycho? I have another submission: “The Story of O”. It’s supposed to be erotic S&M; I found it way too heavy on the S&M and low on the eros. It definitely makes Ann Rice’s series of “Sleeping Beauty” S&M erotica look like the harmless fluff it is.

I never got past the first book of “Bio of a Space Tyrant” either. Piers’ first books in a series have always been his best; I didn’t want to read anything that got worse than that first one!

“Eppur, si muove!” - Galileo Galilei

Topolino – I tried responding to your question via e-mail but it didn’t work. (?) If you really want to know more about the Kosinski book, it’s reviewed at Amazon.

Somehow, I thought there might be a website devoted to it (it’s kind of a cult favorite) but all I could find (using Dogpile anyway) were sites about real birds or paintings of birds. (So logical.)

AuntiePam, here’s a website on Jerry Kosinski. There’s alot I never new about him.
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8200/kosinski.htm

trisha

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice - Albert Einstein

aw geez…new=knew