Hitler, Aryanism, and the Japanese...

The last significant German advance in WWI was the Spring Offensive(s) from March-May 1918, and the last great attack in mid-July which did not gain any significant ground. The Allied counter-offensive ran virtually continually from early August until the armistice in November. So I have no idea where you could have got that impression from.

But in hindsight it’s probably true to say that had the Allies pressed on until they occupied at least some German soil, the Nazis would have been denied the “stabbed in the back by the politicians” narrative.

A comment, maybe pertinent, on German-Japanese relations; I read a book recently (whose title I cannot recall), written by an American woman who married a Japanese diplomat before the war, then went back to Tokyo with him when diplomatic ties with the U.S. were severed. She spent the war years there, in a country at war with her own, and was always treated with the greatest friendliness & generosity by the Japanese people. Conversely, she said the Germans in Japan (businessmen, military types,etc,) were universally detested by the Japanese who considered them boors, bullies and undesirables. So it does seem to have been mostly a marriage of convenience.

Another interesting observation was that the Japanese public for the most part did not favor the war with the U.S. and considered it a terrible mistake. The author’s husband was from an influential and apparently fairly liberal family who had opposed war at the outset. The Japanese government had become dominated by a virulently right-wing faction, it was these who had argued for the war and, presumably for the alliance with Nazi Germany.
SS