Hollywood 'Stars' and college degrees?

Joan Cusack got her BA from the University of Wisconsin - Madison.

I just found out recently that the really funny girl named Joan from Illinois who used to hang out at the Union was Joan Cusack. Wierd.

No, Bill Cosby’s master’s degree (1972) and Ed.D. (1977) were earned from the University of Massachusetts, not honorary. His doctoral dissertation is entitled, “The Integration of Visual Media via Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids into the Elementary Schools Culminating as a Teacher Aid to Achieve Increased Learning.”

Since this is about entertainment personalities, I’ll move this thread to Cafe Society.

bibliophage
moderator GQ

Too cute - a dragon-shaped house… that gives me fodder for my architecture hobby! :wink:

The discussion about college was that she didn’t want to go because she didn’t want to leave home so she was searching for careers that didn’t require college. Hence she named a few (acting being one of them) that were not college requirements – although I did tell her she was very much welcome to live at home while going to college. She was very much relieved. And after I said that she promised to get herself a limo so she didn’t have to, “wait on me to go to Chuck E Cheese.” But she did say she’d share it with me! :smiley:

How could she live at home while becoming an actress? Acting would certainly require her to travel.

The Quaid brothers (Randy and Dennis) graduated from the University of Houston.

You left Matt Damon out of your list. He dropped out of Harvard.

** watsonwil ** said:

They are brothers?!? I’d never made the connection. :smack:

On the same subject, are Joan and John Cusack siblings?

Yes, they are. You know, you can find out who’s related very quickly using the Internet Movie Database. In the biography page for each person they list, they tell everyone they’ve been married to and every well-known relative.