"Holy Books" the keys to long-forgotten knowledge?

I cannot give the name of a particular sage, but I can tell you of one type of sage from Egypt, back in the days of the Pharaohs. Perhaps you’ve heard of them, the Magi?

The Antikythera mechanism would be another good example, it had some types of gearing that weren’t re-invented for a long time afterwards. But unless I’m mistaken, in none of these cases was the information about the lost technology deliberately hidden between the lines in a religious text.

I don’t know if you’ve read or heard of the Jeffersonian Bible, which is a KJV bible that Thomas Jefferson had cut and edited to reveal secrets that the sages knew and things that they talked about and debated in their temples.

Magi were Persian/Zoroastrian priests.

I have. Have you? Magi werefollowers of Zoroaster. They were, by definition, Persian, not Egyptian. They also were not in existence to keep the masses from gettin’ their learnin’.

I am aware of the Jefferson Bible. It appears to be an attempt to reconstruct the narrative of Jesus by stripping out the supernatural bits and mistranslations. I don’t see how this has anything to do with the secrets of sages or lost technology.

I am talking about the science of the soul, this is what the sages talked about, the science that everything we think had an effect on the universe. Need I mention the God Particle?

Jefferson’s bible was a combination of the four gospels with the supernatural stuff removed. You can find it here:

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/JefJesu.html

There are no “hidden secrets” in it, and nothing in it that isn’t also in the four gospels.

Let me know when you find any actual science dealing with how anything we think has an effect on the universe. And please do mention the ‘God Particle’, I’d like to know how the Higgs Boson has anything to do with the ‘Science of the Soul’.

If you can’t identify a Sage then how do you know what they talked about?

Oh my God! How many degrees do you have, Professor?

No. You said it yourself:

If it’s a fairy tale (and I would agree), then why do you assume it holds any “hidden” information?

Since you seem to specialize in one book, please enlighten us: name one specific example of forgotten arcane knowledge in the bible.

ETA: And do quote chapter and verse.

If he told you then it would mean it wasn’t forgotten. Hello!

Alright! I’ve had enough! I yield. I happen to be a Dan Brown fan, and had read The Lost Symbol, and since a lot of the ideas, cultures, and place that appear in the novel are real, I decided to check them out. Places like the Institute of Noetic Science, The Smithsonian, CERN, The Library of Congress, and all those places. You’ve caught me. Are you happy?

I don’t know what this means. For now, I’m assuming it’s an admission of trolling - or an attempt at humor. In any case I wasn’t aware that Dan Brown wrote the bible, though that explains a lot.

Well, not necessarily an admission of trolling, but an admission of being a real naive 19 year old, who after reading a few articles on Wikipedia, thinks he’s an expert on a subject, goes and smarts off, and gets caught.

The litigants for our next case are on the way into the courtroom…

Kansas is real too, but that doesn’t mean The Wizard of Oz is nonfiction.
It is true that there were Sages who claimed to know the secrets of the universe, and this is true throughout history. As we’ve learned more, and compared our knowledge to their mystical claims, amazingly enough we found

that they were all full of crap.

And you shouldn’t let yourself get whooshed by the amusing names some scientists assign to things.

Read some real science books. I like things by Timothy Ferris, but there are lots of others. Far more mind-blowing than that cosmic debris you’ve been talking about.