Homeowner's Association Horror Stories Needed!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!

I’ve fallen into “The Pit!”

Gato: I think you’re missing a golden opportunity here. You should encourage your neighbors to join the HOA, but never join yourself. You get all the benefits of an HOA, with no grief! You can still have your '77 Gremlin on blocks in the front yard and everything. What more could you ask for?

I had to deal with Hoa NAZI’s in my time. I find what works best is to threaten to sue them PERSONALLY for their actions. It helps to have a lawyer friend to send off a letter. They will usually say that they cannot be sued because they are working on behalf of the HOA but said friend and I are very good at intimidation ourselves. I don’t know if they can really be sued but I’ve never had someone call the bluff.

Macro-- good call! i have a jeep that is about the ugliest vehicle around, unfortunatly, it runs and is registered, and kinda immune from fines and hassle! :smiley:

the wife came up with a idea that will really cheese dick-drip off:

she can get a grazing permit from the BLM, and can turn her sheep loose and establish a “camp” right behind this guys house! her idea of a camp would be an old beat up camper on blocks with a little smoky chimney and everything-- real gypo-looking! that would be a real hoot, cause he couldn’t do SQUAT about that! :smiley:

you can click on the www below to see this wonderful dry-lake bed this guy is trying to protect the property value of…

Those sheep are damned liars!!!

Please refrain from such terms. I’ve been informed that “gyppo” is an ethnic slur to the Romani (Gypsies).

Lynn
For the Straight Dope

“And hanging from the Homeowner’s Association Contract was…A HOOK!!!”

SORRY! no disrespect intended to any ethnic group.

sorry to hijack,

but I saw your web page gato,

wow. those are the cutest lambs ever!

If you were located in Texas, I would love one for my mom!

anyway, back to the thread at hand…