Horribly bad blurbs

I spoilered my answer, but since others let it out…

Andy L said:

Not only that, but Podkayne wasn’t even the troublemaker. It was her stupid* brother.

Lamia said:

Maybe less disturbing, but not less inaccurate. I mean, she has to be taught how to apply makeup, for heaven’s sake. Yeah, she turns a few heads - one guy thinks she’s 5 years older than she is, but it’s not like she was blasting out pheromones and giving lap dances.

palindromemordnilap said:

:smiley:

• He may have been a genius, but he sure was stupid.

Someone needs to start a new thread wherein Dopers are free to advertise for some of the more famous works throughout history, and see who the hell can identify them. :stuck_out_tongue: Shakespeare alone would probably provide great fodder <and I’m sure his pitchmen probably couldn’t have done better at the time, as he WAS writing for entertainment, yah?>

Reminds me of reading a cheap paperback copy of Brian Aldiss’ novel NONSTOP in which the reader is intended to figure out halfway through the story that the characters are aboard an interstellar generation ship and have forgotten their heritage or even that they aren’t on a planet. The US publisher had thwarted this by retitling the book STARSHIP

The mind boggles…

That’s right up there with the Korean (?) title for Sixth SenseHe’s a Ghost

Wow. My curiousity was aroused, so I made a web search. One of the more interesting search results is over here.

The strange thing is, this guy also teased about the author, title and charcter name. And his name is Andrew!

What a coincidence!

Yeah, that’s me…

Oh God, no, someone is posting in more than one place on the Internet! :eek: