Horror Movie Recommendations?

Faithfool, now we’re talking. There’s a lot in your last post that I haven’t seen so my netlix queue is going to be a long one.

I’m just going to stay clear of The Girl Next Door. I saw An American Crime and I think the only thing more depressing than that movie was reading that the actual crime was even worse than what was depicted.

And I think I’m the only who didn’t think The Vanishing was that bad. Spoorloos was better, no doubt but I thought Kiefer Sutherland and Jeff Bridges did a nice job.

One more that I haven’t seen mentioned, for a good old-fashioned ghost story with one moment guaranteed to send you up the wall, try:

The Woman in Black

valley, glad you liked them enough to check them out. Now I only hope that most of them will be a hit with you. :slight_smile: And I completely understand about TGND. I haven’t seen An American Crime, but that kind of stuff is definitely difficult to watch. And I’ve been tring to check out The Woman in Black for years now and haven’t been able to get my hands on it. Perhaps Santa will know of a better way…

Oh, and do you have the same username on Netflix? If so, we could swap recommendations there.

Never seen the movie, but The Girl Next Door is one of the only books I’ve read and afterwards, really wished I hadn’t.

Anyway, just popped in to recommend Prince of Darkness. It’s a bit silly in parts, but the dream sequences give me the willies.

I’m pretty sure this movie was recommended in another SDMB scary movies thread. I kept the title in mind and rented it this week.

I don’t like the dark. I don’t like confined spaces. Just reading about caving and wiggling through crevices, with all that weight above you and the darkness and what happens if you wedge yourself in and you can’t go forward or backward… I started it in the afternoon, then turned it off–I decided to watch it in the dark. :wink:

:eek:

It passed the “made me scream” test. Got a little gory in the last third, but nice build-up throughout the first 2/3 and it was nice to see women, not girls, featured in a movie.

I guess I am the only fan of Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2.
I have to add The Night of the Comet too.
The original House of Wax was scary. The best was the original War of the Worlds.

No, I really like them, too, although Jeepers Creepers 2 is my favorite.