Hot roles by film stars you find otherwise sexually unattractive.

I’m going the opposite way, and saying Uma’s co-actress Jeneanne Garofolo in The Truth About Dogs & Cats. Garofolo is not attractive. But in that movie, she hit all the right notes.

I think Sigourney Weaver is a fine actress, but she never really “did” anything for me (even the underwear scene in Alien), until I saw her in Galaxy Quest. Gee, I just can’t figure out what was different :wink:

Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn was teh sexay. But in all the movies I’ve seen since, he’s meh. Oh yeah, Viggo as dirty ranger Aragorn, not King. Once he got cleaned up, he looked a bit goofy.

Funny you should say that: Addams Family Values was probably the first film I saw Joan Cusack in. To this day I still consider her smoking hot, in spite of other films lending evidence to the contrary.

Heresy! Joan Cusack is always hot.

I was surprised at how hotI found the otherwise-unattractive-to-me Pamela Anderson in the sitcom Stacked. It’s true, combine anything with books makes it better.

Yeah, she’s so much hotter than Uma in that movie it’s tempting to think it’s a deliberate choice on the filmmakers’ part, but that’s probably giving them too much credit.

Uma had an early, brief role as the Goddess of Love in The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, and I found her all too believable in the role. Every subsequent appearance has been a let-down. I even saw The Avengers hoping to be aroused by the sight of Uma in an Emma Peel catsuit, and nothing. I guess being naked on a clamshell and accompanied by putti was a better look for her.

Forgot to add someone new. Let’s see…

Yeah, she’s so much hotter than Uma in that movie it’s tempting to think it’s a deliberate choice on the filmmakers’ part, but that’s probably giving them too much credit.

Uma had an early, brief role as the Goddess of Love in The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, and I found her all too believable in the role. Every subsequent appearance has been a let-down. I even saw The Avengers hoping to be aroused by the sight of Uma in an Emma Peel catsuit, and nothing. I guess being naked on a clamshell and accompanied by putti was a better look for her.

I first saw Carey Mulligan in an episode of Doctor Who looking something like this and I immediately wanted to take her home with me. In subsequent appearances she looks more like this, leaving me cold, even though I usually prefer brunettes.

Thirded. I saw “Clerks 2” and thought she was pretty hot and then I saw her in “Alexander” where there’s actually some nudity… unfortunate breasts and weird face.

Drew Barrymore- oddly her cameo in “Wayne’s World 2” is the only time I have ever been attracted to her. Everything else… meh.

Sadly- Brittany Murphy didn’t do anything for me in anything except “8 Mile.”

And not film but I am a huge Lady Gaga fan but will readily admit she’s NOT at all attractive… except in the Bad Romance video they managed to make her hot in a lot of shots.

Kristen Schaal is a little mousey woman that I wouldn’t look twice at if I passed her in the streets. But something about her portrayal of Mel, the over-devoted stalker fan on the Flight of the Conchords, really got me going.

Gary Sinese is not an attractive man. Except in “Of Mice and Men”. Don’t know what’s so different about that one.

Lucy Lawless in Xena. (yes, I know it’s TV) Otherwise she’s simply an attractive blonde actress that I wouldn’t have given a second glance.