How Did the Audience Arrive For Saturday Night Live?

Yep.

Really, as Bobby Moynihan said, Saturday wasn’t that bad. I ran some errands, took the subway from Brooklyn to my office in midtown Manhattan, took another subway from there to a relative’s apartment in the West Village, and from there back to Brooklyn. Which was exactly what I was going to do if it hadn’t snowed.

1. The floor seats are individually moveable, and the number varies from week to week. It can be as few as 25 or so.

1a) Network poobahs have seats in the balcony taped off for them every broadcast. They never show up, and the seats are given to regular audience members at the last minute.

1b) Other VIPs sit wherever they want – studio floor, balcony, green room, a friend’s dressing room …

1c) Most or all of the people on the floor are regular audience members who happened to get on the right line.
2) Everyone in Manhattan, below 150th St. anyway, lives walking distance from a subway station. (As stated above, “walking distance” is a fluid concept.)

2a) The sidewalks in and around Rockefeller Center are heavily travelled seven days a week until at least 11 PM or so, weather notwithstanding. If pages were standing out there shouting, “Who wants a ticket to SNL tonight?” they would have gotten rid of them very quickly.