How did you know the circumstances of your child's conception?

I just knew. I finished up, rolled over, and said “You so just got pregnant”. It was kind of bold claim after over a year of trying unsuccessfully, but I was right.

IANAMother, but my parents didn’t see each other for two months.

Then they spent a weekend together, upon which they “took advantage of marriage” one of the two nights (my aunt got married the next day, leaving them way too tired for that second night).

By the time they got together again three weeks later, Mom couldn’t stand the sight of fried eggs and spent all morning nauseous and throwing up. Hi, my Dopername is Nava and I know not only when was I made, but on which bed!

My sister in law used to have some very narrow-minded notions about statistics. She understood “the average time it takes for a couple to get pregnant after stopping The Pill is two years” as meaning “it takes two years to get pregnant after stopping The Pill”. Shortly before Christmas, she got a clean bill on a genetic test (related to an illness a distant relative of hers has) and decided she was ready to try for a kid. Her plans were along the lines of “ok, I stop The Pill now, and in two years I will have finished my internship, and then by the time the kid is born…” Well, turns out she got pregnant over Christmas (most-probable-date is known): she had a course in another town in January, spent the whole week nauseous, kept gaining weight despite eating less than usual… She’s a doctor, and so was everybody else there. They all said “get a pregnancy test”. She said “no way, I can’t be pregnant.” They said “:rolleyes: get a pregnancy test”. Nope. On the first day back at the hospital, the obgyn on duty took one look at her greenish cast, asked “have you had a pregnancy test?” “But I can’t be pregnant! We’ve been trying for less than one month!” Obgyn grabbed her, got her strapped to the table, used her magic wand and said “if that ain’t a baby, I’m turning my diploma in.”

Three years later they decided to try again. About six weeks after they decided to start trying again, she sat up suddenly in bed “oh shit. Oh. Oh!” “What, hon?” “I’m pregnant.” “Oh! That’s wonderful!.. counts Wow. Do you think they’ll end up sharing a birthday?” The Kidlette’s birthday is less than one week after her brother’s.

Ewe, TMI.

We’d been tracking cycles and with my mittelschmerz the stabbing pain in my side once a month meant we didn’t have to buy ovulation tests.

I usually have 24 day cycles and ovulate around day 10. The month I conceived day 10 came and went with no ovulation pains. We figured it wasn’t a big deal, it wasn’t going to happen that month and forgot about it.

Day 18 we went to see Tim Minchin, drank some wine and got romantic. Day 19 I got ovulation pains in the middle of a Seasick Steve concert.

I got some bleeding around day 26- figured the period was just a couple of days late. Didn’t twig I was pregnant until I realised that the “urinary infection” wasn’t settling with antibiotics, my boobs hurt and my period hadn’t really got going properly- which was about 12 days after the Seasick Steve concert. Faint positive pregnancy test - cue me panicking about having taken antibiotics and the ongoing light bleeding.

Ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy confirmed that "my"dates were correct, and consistently dated irishbaby as 5-7days later dates based on my LMP.