How do I find the cheapest motel(s) in my area?

It might help if we knew what part of San Diego you are in now. Presumably you are moving somewhere for a day to get away from your normal residence for whatever reason, and I can only assume if you live in San Ysidro, you don’t want people giving you recommendations in Oceanside and Fallbrook even if they have the cheapest rates because of the distance.

Yeah, that’s it…it was in a folder in my bookmarks labeled “Travel”. Never would’ve though to look there. :slight_smile:

And yes, bedbugs are a real thing…it can be anything from fleas to scabies, crab lice. My family had a flea experience at a cheap motel on the beach when I was a kid. It was not pleasant.

Low overhead?

I have read the thread, and I see no answer to the question.

Why do you want a hotel that cheap?

Does the person you are going with know of your dedication to save every possible penny in this magical encounter?

Not an issue, actually. I appreciate the thought, though.

Just to fight some ignorance here, bedbugs are actually one specific thing.

It’s implied. If you haven’t figured it out by now, you’ll never know. Seriously.

Yes. We’re both undergrads without jobs.

The implication you’re making with this quote:

is directly contradicted by this one:

But hey, good on you for finding each other.

Fair enough, but there is a point of diminishing returns here. You have already found something half decent for $40, how much are you willing to sacrifice for an additional $5? I don’t think you can find something for under $30, at least not without driving an extra bunch of miles (at a cost) and risking health and life (at a cost).

It is? I’ll admit I don’t know why there’s such a need for secrecy that they can’t just go to one of their own places, but I don’t see any contradiction in play; I think you’re reading much more into the implication than I am.

ETA: Oh, I suddenly put two and two together and realized what you’re reading into the implication… well, maybe this will be the end of the partner’s unemployment streak, eh? :slight_smile:

(Just kidding, obviously)

Heh. If I had a couple hundred dollars to spend on a prostitute, I don’t think I’d be trying to save $5 on a motel room…