How Do You Want Your Chicken Wings?

Nothing better than a Weber grill with vortex cone. Crispy skin, juicy meat, smokey. No restaurant comes close.

Deep fry em and make em spicy. I’ll take a buffalo, sure…but if you can give me a hot BBQ that’d be the best.

Hot BBQ and B-dubs kinda sucks…but there’s one at a place I ate at in college that had the BEST spicy BBQ. Give me some ranch dip too. And fries. and a nice, cold Kona Big Wave

This is pretty much EXACTLY what my answer was going to be. Except sometimes I also like a Teriyaki sauce.

Unbreaded. Medium to hot. Celery and Bleu cheese.

Dry wings, fried hard. Spicy, bbq or plain, none of that asian-pear-mango-pineapple for me.

For a more common type of image, search on “Chinese barbecued pork” (those three words, you don’t need the quotation marks) and look at a bunch of the pictures till you find some with a maroon tint to them. Is THAT the type of red that you mean?

For me: lots of crispy skin, the meat dry-ish throughout, and something simple and stereotypical for the seasoning or sauce. Not super hot.

As for where to get them, the best I’ve ever had was a place just off campus at Villanova University called Wingers. A quick Google confirms that they’re still there, but it’s been a couple of decades since I’ve been there, so I have no idea if they’ve kept up the quality.

Properly Buffalo’ed. None of that breaded stuff. Very spicy is preferred but I’ll eat 'em mild too. Blue cheese for dipping. Steak fries with salt, pepper and malt vinegar plus a pitcher or two of ice cold beer. I will not turn down the mini drumsticks but the pull-apart wing bit is the best.

Other wings I will not turn down: garlic and parm, bbq, honey-mustard, plain-assed fried with salt and pepper, O.K., I’ll admit it, if forced I’ll eat them breaded. Chicken wings are the best.

Rusty anchor wings from the News Room, Minneapolis MN.

I like my wings to be crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. In order to do this right the wings have to be massive the only place I’ve found that does it properly is a place in Durango, CO. I really miss them. If I’m getting my perfect wing meal it’ll come with lots of blue cheese and pinstripe. I mainly like it crazy spicy typically whatever the hottest they make but I’ll take one step down at my favorite place because I can only eat half an order at full spice. If I’m getting my dream meal we’ll be there for 3 hours or so (baseball or football game) so occasionally I want some spicy asian sauce or a hot bbq and very rarely I’ll mix in a random flavor for variety.

Not at all! Like another poster said - just bones and sauce. They’re not worth eating to me. I cannot eat a chicken wing or any meat right down to the bone so there’s not enough meat for me to even bother. Same with ribs - more work and mess than they’re worth. I see people sucking the bones clean - it nauseates me.

Either deep fried, not breaded, classic Buffalo at suicide heat level, immediately served out of the fried, or some grilled jerk wings. I love wings! They are the perfect ratio of skin to meat for me, but I am a skin lover.

I am so sick unto death of buffalo wings, just about anything else will do, though. My current favorites are garlic-parmesan from OIP (a chain?) or local pizza places. Teryaki wings come in second, and then salt and pepper. They inevitably arrive (when we order them with a pizza) a bit undercooked for my taste, I like them crispy. So I put them under the broiler for a minute or two, and since I’m the only one who prefers non-buffalo wings, they’re all mine!

I’m amazed how many chicken wings must be sold every year. The price has certainly gone way up, as to be expected. I’m not surprised they are selling ‘boneless wings’ now. I am surprised no one has bred a multiple winged chicken yet.

Damn right there’s gonna be sports on when we eat our wings.

Breaded wings can potentially be good, but to me they’re a different thing altogether. I have to admit that technically they are chicken and they are wings, but they’re still not chicken wings. :slight_smile:

Thanks, many of those definitely hit the color. Most of the ones that were close ended up being a recipe for “Char Siu”. Looks like they almost all have honey in the recipe but what I remember definitely wasn’t sweet. I may need to see if they have some of that pre-made at the store and see if it’s close. Maybe the hoisin and/or five-spice flavor is what I remember.

Yeah, not a wing person either. I guess I don’t see the point of them, but since I’m not fond of sauces it might just be that I prefer my chicken a little more substantial with meat and skin, not just as a conveyance for sauce.

Different squids for different kids–more wings for y’all. :slight_smile:

I prefer them dry and spiced with no sauce.

Korean-style: dipped in a rice batter, fried and coated in a sweet and spicy yangnyum sauce.