How far will the Jimmy Savile fallout go?

Lady Butler-Sloss, who kept accusations against a Bishop out of an official report because she “cared for the church” has been appointed to run the inquiry. The government have described her as “beyond reproach”.

That was an alleged remark made in a conversation.

You could dismiss anyone on that basis.

People are also saying Butler-Sloss, at 81, is too old for this job.

Better to have someone who has no connection with the Establishment in all its forms?

Elizabeth Butler-Sloss, theoretically, is the ideal person to run the inquiry. She’s got huge experience in the areas of law that involve children, a stern and wise judge, head of the Family Division etc etc

But she’s the sister of the man who was Attorney General during one of the periods that are going to be under review. She shouldn’t have accepted the role, and she shouldn’t have been offered it either.

The Mirror have alleged that Mrs Thatcher was informed of andinvolved in covering up abuse.

As far as it takes for the media to forget what Pakistani Muslims are doing to white and Sikh children in the UK today and until the authorities think they have firmly imprinted in people’s minds that paedophilic grooming / rape isn’t a Muslim issue in modern Britain and white people are the lowest form of life in the world.

Apart from racism, do you have anything to contribute to the discussion?

Letters from a Labour peer to a boy he allegedly abused have turned up. If all major parties get implicated in this (and Labour are up to their necks in this, what with Harriet “Paedophile Information Exchange” Harman still deputy leader of the opposition), it could make the next General Election pretty interesting.

So it turns out David Icke was right all along. At least with the paedophile thing, the jury is still out on the lizards.

I do wonder why there seems to be so many paedophiles in politics - or if that is the case. One suggestion I read was that they already are forced to join some kind of secret old boys network, which translates well into politics. And also that if they have some dirt on them, they’re promoted by others who can control them by it.

David Icke was only repeating allegations that had appeared or rumoured elsewhere. He was however one of the few who “ran” with the allegations; many of which are still unsubstantiated as yet. Some of the names being thrown around are probably a mixture of truth, semi truth and outright lies. I also doubt there are substantially more paedophiles in politics than in society as a whole.

I see Butler-whatshername has stepped down from leading the inquiry.

That reminded me that Margaret Hodge, Labour ‘Minister of State for Children’, was not ideal as Leader of… Islington… Council with the handling of abuse in Islington Care Homes. The first link to a site called UKPaedos-Exposed *, which is not unlurid, has:
When she was alerted to the investigation she complained to the Chairman of the BBC. In the letter she attacks a victim of abuse as an ‘extremely disturbed person’.

• I guess dipthongs are expensive.

Yes, she has thrown in the towel.

Sad to say, finding someone else of that sort of calibre with no connections with these organisations but has the experience to lead a long, detailed inquiry. That is going to be difficult.

Usually they are judges with a long career behind them. But is that not ‘Establishment’’?

Her position became untenable when it was revealed her own brother may have been part of the cover up and she herself dismissed an abuse victim’s account at the hands of a paedophile bishop because “she loved the church” and “the press would love a bishop”!

The article continually uses the word allegedly when attributing the quote to her. At the moment it is hearsay only. Again, I have no idea what the truth is in this particular matter. But lets not have every single allegation and claim become “fact”.

Muslamic rape gangs.

A video from a neo-fascist organisation is hardly a cite. There is no such word as Muslamic.

It is certainly true that recently people from Pakistani and Somali backgrounds have found it easy to abuse young women who they value little. In this they have taken over from the white British who used to (and still) do it. Most child sex abuse is between acquaintances and street gang rapes are a small part of the problem.

The way you phrase the post means that most people here will see you as having racist and unacceptable views and I doubt that you will affect the beliefs of posters here other than to increase their sensitivity to unthinking and thinking racism.

I may be speaking to quickly here, but I’m fairly certain that video wasn’t really the EDL anthem.

He was probably being ironic. The video is satire. There is a problem with Middle Eastern/Pakistani rape gangs in Britain, but it has little to do with the topic of this thread.

I was confused- trying to reply to the original comment by distinctlyminty, not blindboyard.

** The sinister treatment of dissent at the BBC**
Nick Cohen

The whistleblowers who broke the Jimmy Savile story have seen their careers nosedive while executives protect their own status

I’m having a spot of trouble following the “sinister” plot against these people.

The Guardian story identifies a documentary producer as being “fired”, though another online source describes him as “leaving”. A documentary reporter evidently quit the BBC because she “knew” she wouldn’t be allowed on camera again (well, she just knew).

Tom Giles, the editor of Panorama, was “shifted” out of news. The story’s own link describes him getting a “senior” current affairs position with the BBC. “Peter Horrocks, an executive who insisted throughout the scandal that the BBC must behave ethically, announced last September that he was resigning to “find new challenges”.” (This is proof of what, exactly?) “Clive Edwards, who as commissioning editor for current affairs oversaw the Panorama documentary, was demoted.” (the Guardian does not tell us what this “demotion” involves).

Maybe BBC management actually was hostile to all of these people. However, the Guardian story does not impress as being well-documented.