How late is "too late" for people to call you?

One more vote for “not before noon”.

Whoa, 7 A.M., better get some shuteye.

I don’t have a landline, only a cell, and I don’t pick it up when I don’t want to talk to who’s calling. Pretty easy. But if you call after I’m asleep (be it 1am or 4am or whatever), I won’t pick up, and I’ll get peeved.

Not before 10am, not after 10pm.

It drives me nuts when LilMiss’s friends call at 9:30pm. Granted, she doesn’t go to bed until a little after 10pm, that’s just too darned late for a bunch of 9-10 year olds.

[slipping firmly into Andy Rooney mode] Doncha hate it when a client leaves you a message to call him/her back right away, but it’s too late to call that day. So you call them first thing the next morning (around 8:00AM) and they become upset because you called them so early? [/stepping away from the Andy Rooney mode because he smells funky]

I have my phone unlisted/unpublished after a few clients decided they needed to discuss their cases SOOO bad, that they would call me at home. Even since then my parents and cousins have fended a few calls at their houses from clients looking for me (I have a fairly unique last name- there’s only 8 entries in the phone book with my last name)

As far as you are concerned, it is ALWAYS too late for you to call me.

Now if it’s one of my friends calling to go party or something, pretty much any time before last call is ok. I’m usually up until 1:00am or later anyway.

Friends/decent family - until 10 pm. After 10, you’d better have forgotten to ask me something urgent, or be hurting. After 11, someone had better be injured or dead.
Salespeople - preferably never, but not after 9.
Annoying family - not after 9.

How about 1:40am?

Yeah 20 minutes to two in the morning. That’s when an slight aquaintance called me on Tuesday. Just to tell me something that sure, I was interested in, but could have waited until the next day, or even the next week. I really didn’t need to be woke in the middle of the night to hear it!

I’ve no idea what he was thinking. Strange man.

Anyways, to the OP, I would consider it rude to phone anything after 9. I won’t be in bed after then, but you don’t know that, do it?