How long is too long?

A lot of people have stereos that can hold more than one disc, which eliminates the need for CD changing. And a lot of the rest of us don’t care if we have to get up once to change a CD.

What kind of music do you listen to? I’m surprised that someone could feel cheated by such acknowledged classics as, for example, The Beatles’ Revolver (35 minutes), The Who Sell Out (40 minutes), Weezer’s Pinkerton (34 minutes), Bob Marley’s Exodus (37 minutes), the Rolling Stones’ Beggars Banquet (39 minutes), Gang of Four’s Entertainment! (39 minutes), The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society (38 minutes), Pixies’ Surfer Rosa (32 minutes), Big Star’s Radio City (36 minutes), R.E.M.'s Reckoning (38 minutes), etc. etc. on and on blah blah blah. :slight_smile: My point being that it’s hardly unusual for a rock album to be south of 40 minutes.

I’m with AA.

I’m still a person who buys albums and considers the “Album” as a unit of music, a complete work of art. . .not a sequence of singles that will be downloaded in varying amounts at iTunes.

I love a compact, complete, no-filler album that clocks in around 35-40 minutes.

Especially on CD. When I had tapes and records, I’d either put on an A-side or a B-side so I was sure to hear the whole album over time. With too-long CDs, I usually find myself tuning out after about track 10 or so. And, who starts their CD’s at track 5 when they put one on?

Nobody seems to have the concept of “leave them wanting more” anymore (if ever). It’s “give them their money’s worth, even if that means stretching a 90 minute movie to two hours so they don’t feel ‘short-changed’”.