How Newspapers Used To Describe Anal Sex

It would probably have been legal then. “Marital rights” and all that nonsense.

This was 1923, married women didn’t get raped back then, well you know what I mean.

I love the way the newspapers writes the article and don’t you love the way the law let’s her get off, by basically saying a woman is too stupid to know how to fire a gun so it MUST be an accident :slight_smile:

I think the description in the paper of the heinous act spelled it out loud and clear. (Back then, even the word ‘rape’ was too in-your-face to use in a newspaper, though it was whispered when passing on gossip.) I remember an article in our own paper about someone performing an act of sodomy. My 18 year old (!) brother said, “Sali, what does ‘sew-dough-my’ mean?” :eek:

Makes one want to write a screenplay about that particular article. :wink:

Well played, sir/madam. :smiley:

It would have been better if you asked if she got off.

'cause then I could have said, if she got off, she wouldn’t be killing him… teehee. :smiley:

“He then committed a serious offence” the newspapers used to report (as in “A thirty-five year-old man went on trial at Acton Crown Court yesterday accused of serious offences”.

What, 27 posts, and no one has yet said “That’d be up the butt, Bob?”

I’m ashamed of y’all

dhkendall, putting the “P” in “MPSIMS” for 93 days now …

Damn you, Skylark! That was my joke.

Yup, the marriage contract was legally presumed to be consent. On t’other hand, the law also presumed a woman incapable of consent to anal sex, so if it happened, he was guilty of a serious offence, even if it was her idea. :smack:

What is the difference between Mrs. Furley and a butcher’s locker?

The locker doesn’t fart when you pull out the meat.

Best I can do after freckafree stole my “place” joke.

Regards,
Shodan

You’ve read it and I haven’t, but the impression I got was that that’s the wink-wink Chicago justice way of making sure she’s let off the hook, since the rape, like you said, was perfectly legal back then. Sometimes miscarriages of justice happen for all the right reasons.

No! The back of a Volkswagen.

That’s the original, but in 1923 the pun works better mad::mad: