How old is too old to have stuffed animals?

I completely forgot about Giant Microbes! I want one of those too. I actually carry around the rhinovirus one with me at work sometimes. It’s great for when I’m talking to little kids about how to avoid getting sick.

Never.

I didn’t get any as a kid, so maybe I’m deprived, but three of my plush dolls (two bears and a Pillsbury Doughboy) are presents from SOs I had thereabouts of 30; I used to have a giant bear I won at the fair when I was in my teens but my mother threw it away. I’ve bought for myself a Yoda (“there is no try”), a couple of floppy dogs which the niece loves, a Boo (when Monsters came out, several people told me Boo reminded them of me - I’m not complaining, but I think she’s cuter); my brothers gave me a red and yellow dragon which is supposed to be for the car.

I should buy a virus or two and keep them handy for the next time I don’t know what to give to my sister-in-law, who’s an MD and the mother of two little kids.

I don’t have the pic here and it’s very shaky anyway, but on a business trip I stayed in this hotel in England which was an ancient, rambling house (even older than the owners had originally thought, apparently). They had a glass-faced box with a teddy inside and “in case of emergency, break glass”. I turned into a pool of goo at the sight, but I eventually got better.
My friend the university professor (very much male, thank you) keeps his handspan-tall, stuffed Darth Vader on his desk at work.

I have one plush toy from my childhood and that’s it. However, in more prosperous times, I did enjoy buying plush toys for my niece and nephew.

My first girlfriend gave me a racoon named Elmo when I had surgery and was freaking out about it.
That was when I was 16 and I am now 31.

ZOMG they have baby pandas!!!

Well having only 10 isn’t too bad, I’m a 21 year old male and I probably have 10 stuffed toys around. If they were displayed or you slept with them then it would be weird.

Never! The grandson thinks that Charlie Dog is his but Santa gave him to me when I was 8 and he stays in my room. I bought a stuffed spider a couple of months ago at Goodwill because he looked strange and lonely (and was only 65 cents). I still have the stuffed young* triceratops that my first real boyfriend gave me. And the stuffed koala I got when I was 5. My daughters still have some of their stuffies. You are never too old to have them or take them on adventures!

Put me in the 12 camp, too.

When I was 18, I came home from college and realized my beloved Racoon (my most beloved stuffed toy) had laid in a lonely dark closet ever since my mom had reclaimed my room.

I decided that was no life for him. On the other hand, I didn’t want to take him back with me. So I made up some kind of ritual to give his spirit back to purgatory so he could ensoul another beloved toy. The ritual involved cutting off tiny pieces of his fur and burying some, flushing away some, and burning the rest and scattering the ashes. (Yes, I’m weird). I don’t know what happened to Racoon afterwards and I didn’t care.

So, no stuffed toys here after leaving home. They did arrive again with the birth of my son, though.

I still have my first teddy bear. I am 49.

(OK, it was my only stuffed animal, and it is stuffed in a drawer some where, but I keep it because it amuses me. I got it for my first Christmas.)

Teddy bear sized is about right. Her name is Nibblets, which is the name that was on the tag. I was an unimaginative three-year-old, I guess.

I had plenty of stuffed animals as a kid, the rest of which have all been lost to the sands of time. I have no idea why I grew so attached to this particular one, but whatever the reason, she’s been with me through good times and bad (for her just as much as for me; our Jack Russells saw to that)…she’s a bit chewed-up and noseless, but well-loved just the same.

Picture. For those playing at home, go ahead and snigger…I’m secure in my mouse-culinity.

Meh. My girlfriend (age 22) has a couple on her bed, and so long as she doesn’t mind me using them as pillows, I don’t really care.

ANY age is too old to have stuffed animals.

They are living creatures and should be treated with respect.

I am nearly 40 and have a stuffed Mike (Monsters Inc.) on my desk and in my other office have a stuffed Octopus from the Aquarium in Atlanta.