How Quick Could You Withdraw A $100,000 From A Bank Account?

All of their customers have numerous accounts to withdraw from.

Wells Fargo? yes.

The specific branch of Wells Fargo from which you are attempting to get the money? maybe, maybe not. Smaller branches would very likely have to order the cash to be delivered to them.

I think “legal” might be even broader than that…for example, if they thought an elderly person were being scammed.

We got questioned on time from the IRS asking where we got 50,000 dollars. (It came from a cashed in CD) partially because of overseas income and homeland security issues.

I asked this question at my bank and they said they could do it as long as they have the cash on hand at the branch you are at.

thanks for the replies, it was very informative.

I was just thinking, because in kidnapping cases, the note will say, “you need $100,000” but don’t tell the cops. Well obviously, if the bank is not going to give it to you you have to notify the cops and the kidnappers told you not to do that.

To expand a bit, I am assuming that if you were in a situation where someone was demanding money for kidnapping and you went to the cops, somehow the cops could work with the bank to arrange something.

I have no idea how true it is or not, but something like that played out in the first episode of Ozark.

Here’s the clip.

I asked my brother (a former branch manager) about this a couple of years ago. He got kind of cryptic about it, couching his response in how they would try to talk the customer out of taking the cash in favor of other instruments.

That could just be his personality, though.