How should I organize my DVDs?

I really have to think about this. The lure of less storage space is very tempting. And for the first time, I intend to have my computer in the same room as my TV, or if that doesn’t work, at the very least on the same floor (right now it’s upstairs and the TV is downstairs). If I’m ready to watch a movie, I look through all the DVD boxes to see what I’m in the mood for, unless something set me off, which might have been the accidental glimpse of a box.

Now we’re talking about putting the whole thing onto computer and in some notebooks. That’s a little scary. I’d have to keep a copy on my email, in case my computer failed, but that’s OK. I can use Excel, and sort it by multiple different things, and that would be good. I mean, from the geek standpoint, this is ideal. And all the info that’s on the boxes is on IMDB anyway.

But. But, but, but… It’s a big step. Well, maybe I’ll try it, but keep the boxes in the attic so that I can return to them if I end up hating it.

Thank you all, but in particular berff, for coming up with an idea that never had or would have crossed my mind at all. That’s the kind of thing for which I love the Dope!