How to prevent people from looking into my window

At night you want it so people can’t look in? Why would you want to see out at night?

How about specialized window tinting films like this

I did some windows in my house with it, costs about $10 for

watch those tab keys kids…

$10 for a 3’x4’ window

I use window frosting, it comes in a spray can & it makes my bathroom windows so light comes
in but completely private. One thing about it is that it stinks incredibly until it is dry. It also
can be washed off.

How about the biggest display of window clings on the block? Seasonal, religious, Disney, Warner Brothers, the possibilities are endless…

:smiley:

Tall cedar hedge at the sidewalk.

Come on, we know the real reason is because you’re actually Boo Radley.

Do you have screens on the outside of these windows? If you do, then paint the side of screen that faces the street white, and the side towards the house black (and make sure not to over do it and plug the openings in the screen.) It works like a one way mirror, but is a lot cheaper.

Do you have screens on the outside of these windows? If you do, then paint the side of screen that faces the street white, and the side towards the house black (and make sure not to over do it and plug the openings in the screen.) It works like a one way mirror, but is a lot cheaper.

Our city library has polarized glass for windows.

In daylight, the glass is dark. At night, when the library is closed, one can see in (good for the cops).

I’m fairly certain the reverse can be true, although I do not know the cost of the glass

“Do you have screens on the outside of these windows? If you do, then paint the side of screen that faces the street white, and the side towards the house black”

Mine do this without painting them. But the screens are rather old.

Also Fort, at night you can see clear through my screens, how about yours?

Serves you right for hanging out nekkid in your “dinning” room.

Like Handy mentioned, there’s a frosted glass spray you can use to increase the opacity of your panes. I used it (when he was away) to decrease to glare from my neighbor’s backyard lights.

You could cover much of the perimeter butt leave a “visi-rectum” to peer through if, of course, you’re so inclined.