How trustworthy is World Vision?

What I meant to say was:

If I were to choose between donating $500 to charity X, which will spend $67 on administrative costs and the other $433 on fighting poverty in some region, and donating $500 to charity Y, which will spend $67 dollars on administrative costs, $8 on seeing that I get regular letters from a child in that region who happens to be helped by the charity, and $425 on fighting poverty in that region, I would always choose charity X.

Sheesh. Can’t I ever get a post straight?

The letter is not always about “making you feel better”. One point of the letter is indicating that your money is being used as you were told it would. I can not speak about WV I do not have enough knowledge. We have a sponsored child in another organization. If I heard nothing I would begin to have my doubts. And the letter writing is a two way street. We are encouraged to write to our child. I have worked with youth organizations and have many kids. I love Facebook because years later I am able to watch their families grow. And I think I will also love the letters because of the same reason. I do not donate because it makes me feel good. But because it can help someone else.

The letters wouldn’t tell you for sure that your child was writing to you. It could be people in the charity writing the letters and signing them as the child. If anything, that would be easier to arrange than having the child write them.