How will the world reach to the world being a simulation?

Using “analog” to mean the opposite of “digital” is kind of specious. Both are simply means of storing and retrieving information, and the division is not so clear-cut. Information stored in analog form still has discreet elements, both at the macro and quantum levels, and digital data, to be used by us, must be converted to analog form before we can reconvert it to neural data (which, I think, is sort of like a hybridization of the two).

Or you could be referring to that that venerable sci-fi magazine.

In this universe. In the “real”, baseline universe, mathematics and physics might be a lot more robust. We could be running in a stripped-down version of reality, one that’s a lot easier to simulate. That might explain why there’s a universal speed limit, for example- it was just a shortcut the programmers used. I’ve worked on several games where Bad Things happen if you try to use a higher number than the programmers intended.

The problem with being in a Matrix is that you can’t even *comprehend *how the baseline universe works.

From the simulants’ point of view, they’d never know. If we’re in a simulation, and someone turns us off every night, week, year, millennia… as long as we were eventually turned back on, we’d never notice a thing.

Why? You’ve got whiskey, bacon, pussy and cute puppies. What more could you possible want? But in any case, that is the point. If I’m playing a video game which sucks, then I quit. No big deal. If people are convinced that this is a video game, or something comparable, and have the scientific proof to back it up. They might as well quit at the smallest suckiness.

Also if we’re really sims then you’d be the creator. Or I suppose there are two scenarios. Either the inhabitants only exists in the simulation like Sims, or the inhabitants are avatars for beings that live outside the world. It’s the second one I was thinking of.

What would be the point of an ancestor simulation or almost any other type of sim, that didn’t play by the same rules of the baseline universe? I mean it’s not like the laws of physics, to use your own example a universal speed limit (c) , doesn’t have immense consequences in how your simulated universe operates. A universe operating on different rules seems of limited utility to it’s creators.

However we were simulated to react.

You can fudge the model at a non-significant level. Suppose you want to simulate a political campaign and test different strategies. You don’t need to set up a simulation that is accurate down to the subatomic level for that or one that accurately models conditions on other planets. You can just fake all that stuff and focus on making an accurate model of the social interactions that decide elections.

Well, music would sound WAY better, OBVIOUSLY. Especially if it’s a vinyl simulation.

Sure you can, sort of. The real universe contains 12 dimensions, plus time. Meaning, any given point is defined by 12+1 variables. Ours has either 3+1 or perhaps 12+1 as well, but 9 of the dimensions are very small - nonvisible really.

Here’s an example of a model: think of a map. A perfect map would be useless, because it would be the same size as the landscape that is being mapped.

Models and simulations typically simplify a lot.