In the UK we have tight gun laws, supposedly anyone who has one has to have a good reason, a license and it must be kept in a secure ‘safe’ - which is inspected by the police.
I’m inclined to be a bit suspicious about the police being ‘unarmed’, about 15 years ago I spotted a pistol in a specially made pocket of the trousers of an ordinary looking policeman loitering in the Aldwych (London). Curiously it was his left pocket.
I’ve also seen some astonishingly heavily armed policemen conducting a siege in the same location about eight years ago - it was comical, one of them was taking cover from behind a plastic bollard in the middle of the road.
Anyone going to Israel from Heathrow will see some well tooled up policemen and I happen to know that there are undercover guys lurking around the airports.
Rifle shooting for an urban or suburban English businessman is a bit like a safari, so I am not at all surprized that your guests were interested.
You might get even more enthusiasm if you set up a range and let them compare Kalashnikovs, Uzis and US ‘stoppers’ - inside every adult male, is a little boy, and I must confess I would rather enjoy that.
The UK anti hunting stuff is supposed to be about using dogs for foxes, stags and hares. Personally I would not enjoy it, but I suspect that it is more a social occasion than anything else - interestingly it looks as if civil disobedience is overriding that ‘law’.
Your UK guys would probably prefer an open shooting range and a selection of slightly exotic weopons to shooting up deer - if you really want to clinch a deal, give them a shoulder launched missile and some beaten up pickup trucks to demolish.
You have actually latched onto quite an interesting business concept.
In a pissing contest, in the UK, comparing the pull of an Uzi versus an Ingrams would be a show stopper - you have a better lure than ‘The Best Little House In The West’