I am an awful person who laughs at the tragedies of friends and co-workers

But Shirley Ujest’s post is not italicized and big and black…

Eh.

Sometimes the coding works, sometimes it doesn’t.

The above was my third Chief Dan George reference in 24 hours. How odd.

My uncle, the original curmudgeon, was playing golf with his minister. In the way of all grumpy old men, they begin to commiserate about how sorry today’s kids are. My uncle starts to go on and on about sugar and how everything would be better if kids didn’t eat so much sugar. He turns to the minister and says, “Why can’t they eat good, wholesome food? Like saltines and mayonnaise. I’ve eaten saltines and mayonnaise every day for the last 60 years and I’m healthy!! I’ll live to be 100! I’m fit as a …”

At this point, my uncle falls down dead on the 9th green.

The funeral was hilarious. They actually served saltines and mayonnaise at the wake.

DeVena, that reminds me of this story I found on Snopes. It’s about people who died in front of audiences.

He was right about the saltines and mayonnaise, though. That stuff is good. Think I’ll eat some today in honor of DeVena’s uncle!

A couple of days after a beloved cat tumbled to his death out of a sixth floor window, I was explaining to a co-worker (who often teased me about my cat-loving self) about what happened, and we both suddenly had to surpress giggles. The fact I could find humor in the situation shocked me because I was so sad.

Sampiro I know why you haven’t told your sister what your father’s real last words were. You’re waiting for just the right time to drop it on her head, aren’t you?