I bought a wig !!

The good thing about wigs is, that once momma is done with it, they have a second life in the dress up chest of the kids. I remember that dressing up in a ladies wig as a kid was great fun. Usually the kid wearing the wig started to imitate mom and reprimanding the other kids.

I pass two different large wig stores catering to black women on the five-minute walk from the train to my office, and occasionally think “Hmmm…”

Thanks for sharing!

Why do I have a vision of Marvin the Martian in a red wig?

If I had a cool helmet like Marvin’s I wouldn’t need a wig.

I knew that was going to happen.

Have you ever seen those Pentecostal women who have hair down to their knees but can put it up where it’s all on top their head?

In other words, you can probably put your hair up and put the wig over it. How annoying or natural it would be depends on how long you consider long hair.

She’s a bit older than HM.

NinetyWt, your daughter looks awesome in her blond wig!

OK, I think I get it now. You went in a wig shop that caters to black people, not one that specializes in black hair, right? I was thinking maybe it was a Dutch thing . . . :slight_smile:

Carry on.

Well they had all sorts of black hair care products, as well as hair pieces for weaving in, and wigs, too.

My daughter (BloodyL) and I are big fans of wigs! She has a little collection she’s building with all sorts of colors and styles from a cheap blue fun wig to a really expensive long straight black one. She always orders hers online but buys good wig caps at the beauty supply stores. I’m guessing there are cheap ones that aren’t as good.

I won’t post pics of her without permission but I have this:

Me in the blue one: my personal AVATAR! | bellabrigido | Flickr
Me natural: 100_1283 | Me and my curls. | bellabrigido | Flickr
Hard to tell in that one but my hair is halfway down my back and very thick and kinky. Her wig cap squishes it down good but doesn’t seem too hot. I haven’t been out in the sun with it though.

OOOh, now I want one! My sister got two wigs for during her chemo, and while they were close to her usual style and color, they weren’t very adventurous, so I wasn’t even tempted to try one on. But my SO has a thing for redheads and is always trying to get me to go redder when I dye it…that wig looks so cute on you, I should think about that as an option!

Wow! That is a lot of (and very pretty) hair to squish under a wig. I like the blue hair on you too, it is just so very different from your natural hair.

WTG, Maastricht!

I have 2 wigs. I don’t have any photos of me in them, but this it is what the long red one I have looks like, and this is what the short blonde one I have looks like. I love playing with my look with different hair styles and colors, and this makes it so easy to do. Plus? No more “bad hair days”. :smiley:

Is she single? :wink:

Thank you, but I think your red suits you more than the blonde suits her… if that makes sense. :slight_smile:

Rushgeekgirl, I love your blue one !!

Shayna: I think you should wear that red one all the time.

PlanetCharlie: she is.