I can barbecue better then you.

Veb, are you joining us too? Oh happy days!

Grilling Women of the World Unite!
HA

:wink:

Techchick has so much skill flaming peoples’ asses… how much harder could BBQing pork be? It is almost the same except the flames are not as hot and you have to add seasoning.

Demo mentions “books”

Always thought BBQ was an instinctual thing. We don’t need no stinkin’ books…

Speaking of instinctual things, where’s the keg?

I see many of you calling yourselves BBQ “Cooks.” Cooks read from recipes and make food that someone else has already made. No thinking necessary.

I, on the other hand, am a Chef. I create art that brings tears to the eyes, longing to the loins, contemplation to the soul. Enjoy my creations and feel your lives changed forever.

AHA! Babyback ribs! Whammos specialty!

camara close up of Whammo, the corner of his mouth raises in a slight smirk

Whammo races to pick the finest rack, another of Whammos specialties ;)… finds the one with just the right amount of meat and fat

Whammo is now seen gathering the spices for his dry rub, the dry rub is the key

Veb veb veb… again one of the vaginals claims to be able to best the superior (at least at bbq) male. And the Iron Chef even!! …the gall…

You see… its not the place that makes me the artist of the grill, but the experiece and the KC style that I have developed from years of watching and tasting the results of the masters. Soon the student became the teacher.

And of course I choose the wood! For red meats I prefer Hickory. Its a personal favorite and part of the KC style. Mesquite will also add another good but entirely different flavor. If I am Grilling poultry or pork then a lighter sweeter fruitwood is in order. My preference here again is Apple wood.

Smack me for my upityness if you must, but see if you smack me after you taste my creations. Then and only then will you fall to your knees in front of me and beg me to let you and techchick kiss my… well… boots.

L :wink:
Damn I’m getting hungry!

No, holding a hunk of meat on a stick over a fire is instinct. It is only through years of careful study that one can begin to create perfection. Whammo said it pretty well.
Oh, and Veb, you rock!

What would it take to nibble on them ribs, I wonder…

I do admit however that from the sounds of it Demo does have the superior equipment. (Were talkin’ GRILLS here people!)

I am envious of your 50 gall drum smoker grill.

Luckey!

Well none of y’all are anywhere nearby and the evening feeding hour approacheth. I guess I’ll just have to get by on my own meager Texas barbecuing skills tonight.

See ya’ after dinner!

One other thing…if you’re using gas, that’s not a barbecue you’ve got…it’s just an outdoor oven.

Mmmmm… texas barbecue… thats good too… Mmmmm… I am salavating just thinking about it.

Me stuck in this house full of visiting (yes fucking still) backwood trailer trash west virginians who think barbecuing is grilling unseasoned meat over a flame with no wood chips or anything. Last night I grilled pork chops for them, as requested, with no seasoning or anything, not even pepper, and god forbid they wouldn’t DARE touch fresh cracked pepper! Gag, I was shamed. I was so shamed I had to reaffirm to myself that indead I WAS a great BBQer by boasting myself as the worlds best to the people of the SDMB.

I am shamed to admit it.

Tonight however I shall start anew. I am going to barbecue just for myself, to hell with the others. I think I will start with hamburgers (well its the only thing thawed and besides… I love 'em)

I will start with BIG patties and i will season BOTH sides with salt and FRESH GROUND PEPPER, and a sprinkling of my patented seasoning. I will then grill them over mesquite chip smoke, all the while basting with BBQ sauce. In the end they will glisten with reduced, carmalized, thick sauce. I will eat them with relish… well… not pickle relish but I mean with great enjoyment.
YES!!! TONIGHT I GRILL!!!

JavaMaven1 said:

And might I say that your Mango and Red Pepper Sauce, which I used for some of my Fourth of July chicken, was excellent.

This is my grilling pet peeve. You can save that bottled ketchup+sugar+Artificial Hickory Flavoring paste for your Chicken O’Tenders. Dr. J’s Own Vinegar Death Sauce is begun by simultaneously pouring two bottles of red wine vinegar into the pot (NOT one after the other! Ingrate!) and goes from there.

By the way, if you’ve never had Western Kentucky barbecue, your life has just been a farce up to this point. Slow-cooked mutton, with a nice vinegary sauce, served with dill pickles, red onions, and a slice of white bread. From the people who brought you burgoo. Worth the drive to Owensboro.

Dr. J

Barbecue obviously varies by locale.

As a former North Carolinian, Kansas City barbecue sucks.
But, of course, that is biased towards true barbecue. :slight_smile:

And, getting more specific, Eastern NC barbecue is the best. Western NC is tolerable.

If you want me to get more specific, there is this little place…

Kentucky barbecue?? CAROLINA barbecue??? OH PALEASE!!

snort yeah… nothing like a good vinegar sauce… gack.
BTW I’m eating my hamburger… and it is TO DIE FOR SCRUMDIDDLYUMTIOUS!!!

Uh, shouldn’t this be in the BBQ Pit?

(Ducks and runs, grabbing the nearest yummy BBQ’d item as she goes)

Scotti

I have no comments except to say, I’ve been craving some good bbq for awhile now… and this thread ain’t helpin’. So, if any of you all need a judge for the bbq off… just let me know. (Incidentally, I don’t care who makes it or what it is, man/woman/kabob, whatever… I’m just salivating here.)

screeme

Why thank you kindly, DrJ.

I haven’t had a chance to barbeque lately, as I’ve been extremely busy, but when I have a Saturday to myself, I’m firing up the grill again.

(btw–I use the grill to cook much more than just meats–I like the fact that when I cook outside, I don’t have a kitchen to clean)

Aaaww shucks! (Digging toe in dirt and blushing.)

This is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read. Really splorting material. Luckily, I’m above the sacrilidge of splorting beer (thereby wasting it!)

:: Bows ::

re: that last quote.

Scotti, you’d better run! And, by the way, that morsel of BBQ that you picked up and ate was one of my special, firey-hot, caramelized, habanero-rum wings. You might want to get a glass of milk kiddo.

:wink: